Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Time 2.0

I have wasted so much time trying to upload images to Flickr, I'm officially ashamed of myself. It seems I got so excited about Flickr, I became willing to spend whatever time it took to participate, put up with whatever difficulties, work past whatever bugs.

I have better things to do with my time!

I eventually downloaded the old uploader and things went swimmingly. Then of course I had to play with Picnik, which quickly convinced me to send them money for access to more and better editing tools. Then, so proud was I of one particular photo, I thought, "I should order a print of this!" only to discover Flickr won't sell to Canada. Oh, I can buy expensive fancy photo stuff from their partners, but not an ordinary 3x5 print.

The concept is great: a community of photographers, pro, novice, and clicking-shots-of-the-baby types like me. I think it has a lot of potential (I'll get to that in a late post), but how often do we spend extra time on the new-fangled when the old-fangled was just as good? I have an empty photo album on my desk I've been meaning to get to for FOUR months now, which I could easily have finished in the time I spent swearing at Flickr Uploadr.

Hmmmm.

Intimidation factor: 2/5
Consternation factor:4/5

2 comments:

Arlene said...

Hi Jess, I hear your frustration about uploading. I've had similar issues trying to upload to MSN Spaces after they changed their interface which was part of the reason why I went to Snapfish. Luckily, I didn't have any trouble with Flickr. Knock on wood.

I'm the only person I know who still prints photos. Everyone else shares via email, Facebook, digital frames or carrying around their laptop as an album. Others just don't take any pictures.

Arlene

Jackline said...

Hi Nice Blog .This web time clock is used to track the time and attendance of employees, and at the same time track labor activity against specific parts, jobs, and operations.